Thursday, December 16, 2010

Music Review

Dragonhunter - by Richard Meyer

This is a song that we've been practicing in beginning orchestra for two weeks. It's an awesome song. It's my favorite so far out of all the songs we've played. There are no words in this song. I don't think people listens to instrumental music much, they're more into the rock,country,hip hop, and all the others. People don't seem to be interested in orchestra these days. Last year, I've heard there were over 40 people in beginning  orchestra, but this year there are only 20 people including me. We will be playing this song and 2 other songs sometime in January 2011. This song basically uses only the notes on a D major scale. The dragon is basically the bass (we don't have any) and cellos and they're being hunted by the violin and violas.

Here's a video I found on youtube of a orchestra class playing it. Overall, I think they a pretty good job on it.




You guys should come to our concert in January. I'm not sure when and what time yet. But it'll be announced soon.

3 comments:

  1. Thanks. I looked for a studio quality version of the song on youtube...no luck. The song has a dark feel to it, but very epic. I imagine it as a song in a film...hero enter.

    ReplyDelete
  2. They DID a good job I'm sure, David. The concert is on the 19th of January.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I agree that not a lot of people like orchestral music. But I like orchestra music and think that this song is really good.

    ReplyDelete